Whenever doubts and fears threaten to take over, (usually numerous times a day) and my idea of trying to slow down Riah's MD with nutrition, supplements and therapy seems crazy beyond words, something happens.
One morning in particular when I felt especially unsure, Riah fell 3 times within a few hours, right on his head on either our hard tile floor or the concrete porch floor. He doesn't seem to have the ability to put his arms up to break his fall and his head gets smacked hard. All three times he was happily shrieking and chasing his brother and to watch him be so happy and normal only to have him fall so hard and get those nasty head bumps was almost more then I could take. He tries to be so brave, but he cries as if he's heartbroken and I'm positive he knows something is wrong.
He's only 3 years old. I can't give up.
So here's one of the reasons I'm blogging. I'm looking for options, ideas and resources. I'm spending hours online trying to find others with MD who might've tried what I want to try. I've found a few testimonies about some who've used certain supplements or certain brands and have gotten some results and every time I find them I get so excited!
I want to put together a plan and schedule where he gets the world's best, most pure nutrition and supplements possible in hopes of keeping his body strong and fighting. I do not want to buy from only one certain company and their products, rather I want to hand pick the best of what I feel Riah needs. For example, he is gluten and dairy intolerant, so he cannot have any drinks or shakes with those in them.
I want 100% pure organic. Sugar free. And because he's only 3 years old everything has to taste good and be in chewable, topical or drinkable form.
I know... I'm not asking for much. I get so overwhelmed. But I've already found some things and I'm excited and thankful for each one!
I have a non GMO pure paleo protein shake that tastes good. Chewable CoQ10 Nutra Gems that taste like fruit gummies. Vitamin D drops. Two different topical creams. All these things are to support and target certain areas such as muscle, heart, cells, tissue, and so on.
I am not going to blindly give him things to take. I'm spending a lot of time looking at the entire body system and now I need to find what he needs to support each and every body function. Yes, I know I sound confusing and No, I have no idea what I'm doing. I just know I have a dream and I have a plan in my head and since Riah's only 3, he's too young to be embarrassed or to care about his moms crazy ideas.
We do have someone helping us who has years of experience with nutrition and health care. I trust him and believe he will do anything to help our son. He hasn't worked with MD kids before but he is able to guide me through this and make sure Riahs not getting too much or too little of anything. I don't give Riah anything without running it by him. And most of all, bless his heart, he doesn't tell me I'm crazy. He might be thinking it... but blessedly him and his wife give me an incredible amount of hope whenever I speak with them. That's huge. I am so thankful to have them in my life. I would not be comfortable doing what I am without someone like him with years of experience guiding me.
I want to do daily massages with essential oils, in hopes of reducing inflammation, and helping with any pain or cramping he might be having. When I asked the MD doctors about pain management they immediately said "Our patients do not use pain meds." I see their point but I wanted to snap back at them and ask how they would like to be in constant pain. And while he may not be in constant pain, the times of him saying, "Mom, my legs hurt." Or "Something is wrong with my legs and I can't walk", are happening way too often.
I know I can't give him Tylenol every single day. So again, I go back to Nature. I have no other option.
Diet is going to be another change. Thankfully I already have a few years of experience with healthy cooking because of my own food intolerances but I've been slacking with feeding my family healthy foods in the last 2 or 3 months. As much as I would rather not admit it, I know I had the attitude of "Riah's going to die young anyway. Why deprive him of foods that make him happy?" Big mistake, by the way. I'll write more about that later.
This week was the start of eating mostly sugar free and grain free. I've been trying new recipes and I'll do a separate post about that later for anyone who might be interested.
So here's where I need your help. This part of the world we live in has got to be one of the places with the most companies selling the 'best product in the world.' Usually I don't listen because I've heard it all before. Might as well be honest here!
But now its different. I need help for my son. So if you are selling or know someone who's selling nutritional supplements or whatever, please contact me and I'll check it out! It has to be pure, organic, non-GMO. I need to know what's in it and how it helps, and why you think its good quality! Testimonies are good. Testimonies about people with MD using it are even better.
For those of you who have already contacted me with ideas and connections, thanks so much!
And I'm always looking for sources with organic fruits and veggies and grass fed meats. Everything is so costly...so if you know of a good deal locally, let me know! Because of security issues for our other adopted children I'm choosing not to say where 'local' is. So obviously the 'local produce part' is just for those of you who know me.
Email me at dropalinetoriahsmom4@gmail.com. Or if you know me, call or message. Thanks so much for your help!!
A photo of Riah, just so you know who we're fighting for! And so you know who you might be helping if you contact me with info!:)Unfortunately, getting him to smile these days is getting harder and harder..
No comments:
Post a Comment